If you get health insurance via the 2021 Marketplace, here are four tips to help you stay healthy and obtain the treatment you need:
Understand your health-care coverage options
- The insurance plan you have determines which providers you can see and how much you pay out-of-pocket.
- Review your plan’s covered benefits, cost-sharing restrictions, and coverage limits by obtaining a “Summary of Benefits and Coverage” from your insurance company or by clicking the link in the plan description in your Marketplace account.
Find a doctor who accepts your insurance
- When you visit a doctor in the plan’s network, most health plans provide you with the best bargain on services.
- Discover the different methods for locating an in-network physician.
Find out what your prescription benefits are
- Some prescription drugs will be covered by health insurance.
- Visit the insurance company’s website, call them, read the “Summary of Benefits and Coverage,” or read the materials that were mailed to you to find out which drugs your plan covers.
Take advantage of no-cost preventive services
- Preventive care, such as some screenings, check-ups, patient counseling, and wellness programs, are included by all Marketplace health plans at no cost to you. You must use a provider who is part of your insurance plan’s network.
- Review the whole list of services that are covered.
If you’ve never had health insurance or have had a coverage gap, use our Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You to learn more about using your coverage and improving your health.