Preventive care, such as immunizations and screening tests, are covered at no cost if you have a Marketplace health insurance plan. These free preventive services might help you stay healthy and save money in the long run.
Are you currently uninsured but would like to take advantage of these benefits?
- You can enroll in Marketplace coverage right now if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- If you don’t, you can apply for 2022 coverage starting November 1, 2021, during the next Open Enrollment Period.
Preventive health services are some of the services that are covered.
Here are just a few of the preventive benefits that Marketplace insurance can provide for you and your family:
- Blood pressure, diabetes, HIV, and certain cancer screenings
- Colonoscopies (colorectal cancer screenings)
- See the complete list of covered services for adults.
- Breastfeeding assistance and counseling
- FDA-approved contraceptive options
- Yearly well-woman visits
- View the complete list of women’s services that are covered.
- Routine checkups
- Vaccinations, including the flu shot
- View the complete list of children’s services that are covered.
Note that these services are only accessible if provided by a doctor or other provider in your insurance plan’s network.