If you or your household members had a child or adopted a baby within the last 60 days, you might be eligible for SEP (Special Enrollment Period). This means you may be able to register or change your health insurance through the Marketplace for the rest of 2021.
How to Apply for Health Insurance With SEP
- If you’re new to Marketplace coverage, you can purchase a health insurance plan through Insurance Shopping.
- If you experience income or household changes, update your enrollment application as soon as possible.
- When you use a Special Enrollment Period to change or enroll in a Marketplace plan, your new health insurance can begin the day your infant is born — even if you sign up to 60 days later.
More Information on Special Enrollment Period
- The birth of a child isn’t the only life event that qualifies you to change or enroll in health plans outside of Open Enrollment.
- See the complete list of life events that make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.
- You can also answer some quick questions to see if you can register or change your health plan.