We’ve been contacting some of you by email, mail, and phone if some of the information you provided on your Marketplace application form doesn’t match the details we have on file. You must submit the documents we require to help you stay covered through the health insurance and maintain the premium and cost-sharing support you got with your plan.
We know you’re paying attention because we receive thousands of papers every day and work around the clock to examine them to confirm your eligibility for Marketplace coverage. If you’ve already mailed or uploaded documents, we’ll notify you when we’ve finished checking them.
If you’ve been receiving reminder calls, emails, and letters from us but still haven’t sent the documents we require, now is the time. Some of you will receive a letter in the mail this week informing you that the last deadline for submitting these documents is September 5, 2021.
Respond As Soon As Possible
If you fail to respond:
- You could lose your Marketplace health insurance.
- Your premium tax obligation credits or cost-sharing assistance may be changing or ending.
- If you don’t take action now, we will send you a final notice in September notifying you that your Marketplace coverage will end on September 30.
Things to Do to Ensure You Stay Covered
Here’s what you can do right now to ensure you’re protected:
- Review your Marketplace approval notice or reminder notice to check who needs to provide additional information and review the list of documents we require.
- Search your Marketplace State agency website and choose your current enrollment form. Click on the application form details, and the screen displays the list of any data matching issues (referred to as “inconsistencies” on the screen) in your form. Follow the steps for each inconsistency to submit the necessary documents to resolve the issue. Don’t use these characters in the name of the file you upload / \ : *? ” ><|.
Get Step-By-Step Instructions on How to Upload Files
- If you have already uploaded or mailed income documents, we’ll notify you as soon as we’ve completed our review – we may still be matching your details. If you receive a letter from us requesting papers but think you have already sent them or have queries, we are here to assist you. Contact our insurance agent or broker at +1 855-913-1570 and inform them you received a “data matching warning notice.” TTY users can call us at 1-800-855-0511. Note: The call is free.
- Contact one of our community partners to get one-on-one assistance. They can help you in determining which documents you require and assist you in uploading them. Visit Insurance Shopping to find one of these state partners.
- If you’ve already sent your documents and then received another email or phone call from your insurance company or us, we may still be matching your information. We will notify you once your data has been processed.
We understand how important it is for you and your household members to continue getting Marketplace assistance, and it is also important to us. We will collaborate with you to ensure that we have everything we need to fix these issues.