On your first appointment with a new service provider, make sure to bring your photo ID, insurance card, and your copays if available. It is also crucial to arrive on time for your first visit!
Tips for Your Visit to A New Provider
This initial appointment will assist your provider in understanding your health and lifestyle so that you can collaborate to make improvements. Here are a few more tips.
- It is helpful to discuss your family’s medical history and health records with your new provider.
- Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking, as well as the dosage.
- Write down any questions or concerns you have about your health conditions, so you don’t forget to ask.
- If your service provider says something you didn’t understand, speak out and ask questions!
- Before ending your first appointment, the provider must inform you about your health status and give instructions to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- If you need to take pills or medication, your doctor will tell you when and how much to take—if there are any possible side effects, and if a generic variation is available.
- If you have a chronic illness or other health problems, your doctor can inform you about your treatment options.