If your income or household situation has changed after you applied for Marketplace health insurance — for example, if you had a baby, received a raise, or someone in your family received new job-based coverage, then you should make an update to your application as soon as possible.
Why is it necessary to report changes?
- Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period, which allows you to change plans outside of Open Enrollment.
- The changes may have an impact on the savings and coverage options available to you.
- You could owe more—or less—when you file your next federal tax return if you don’t record changes.
Three options for reporting changes to the Marketplace
- You can make changes to your application online.
- Make a phone call to the Marketplace Call Center.
- Seek assistance from a member of your community.