Only a few days remain for consumers to enroll in 2022 coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Marketplace’s open enrollment period ends on January 15.
There are still some low-cost options accessible. Six out of ten uninsured Americans may receive coverage for $100 per month or less — some for a lot less – across the country.
Don’t wait any longer. Enroll right now.
Here are some helpful hints for consumers:
- The clock is ticking. The Marketplace’s open enrollment period ends on January 15.
- Prepare yourself. Begin by obtaining crucial information for everyone on the application, such as birthdates and Social Security or document numbers.
- Seek assistance. At HealthCare.gov, you may sign up 24 hours a day, seven days a week (which is working smoothly). CuidadoDeSalud.gov is also an excellent place to join up in Spanish. Any time, any hour, you can contact 1-800-318-2596, and a professional representative will assist you in enrolling. (We don’t recommend mailing a paper application right now because there are just a few days left.) Localhelp.healthcare.gov can also help you identify someone in your area who can assist you.
- Get a cost reduction. You could be one of the 83% of those who sign up for plans in the Marketplaces who are eligible for a cost reduction to make insurance more affordable.
- Obtain what you require the most. Consider what you want from a health plan: low premiums, access to specified providers, and coverage for specific medications. Comparing choices and selecting a plan will be easier and faster if you know what’s most important to you.
- Take action right now. Don’t worry if you’ve been trying to enroll and have encountered difficulties or if you’ve needed assistance from a caseworker or call center employee. We’ll assist you in getting covered even if the facts of your condition are still being ironed out.
- Remember to pay your first monthly payment after enrolling through the Marketplace. Until you take that step, your coverage is ineffective. Keep in mind that if you don’t sign up by January 15, you won’t be covered until the following year. If you can afford insurance but don’t, you may have to pay the penalty on your taxes in 2022.
We’re here to assist you, and we’re adding new members every day. We want you to be a part of it. Read about how the Marketplace has aided folks throughout the country and share your own #GetCovered story.