There’s a lot of information on the health insurance law. But it depends on a few simple principles, which we have explained in 214 words listed below. Follow these web links for more details.
- If you want to maintain your current health plan, you can continue with it. Children under the age of 26 can remain on their parent’s health insurance.
- If you do not have insurance coverage, you can purchase a private health plan through Insurance Shopping.
- According to government insurance policies, all Marketplace plans cover pre-existing medical conditions. Several preventive care services and essential health benefits are also included.
- Depending on the size and income of your family, you may be able to get lower monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
- You may also be eligible for CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program) and Medicaid, which provides free or low-cost coverage. In 2014, many states were expanding Medicaid to cover more people.
- If you don’t have any health insurance plans, you will need to pay charges until you are eligible for “compensation on insurance premiums.”
- If you already have coverage and want to search for new Marketplace plans, you can. However, if you have an employer-provided insurance plan, you may not get lower costs on the Marketplace program based on your earnings. It depends on whether the coverage you are offered is deemed affordable and meets minimum standards.
- Medicare is not included in the Marketplace plan. Keep your Medicare coverage if you have it.
- The Open Enrollment Period for the Marketplace program begins on November 1, 2021. It expires on Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
Share Your Story
Now that we have discussed the health insurance law in just 214 words let us know why health insurance is essential to you? Are you looking forward to having your insurance coverage in 2022?
- See what Lupita, Howard, Jamie, Malik, and others have shared about their stories on Marketplace health insurance.
- Use the hashtag #214words to share your thoughts in a comment. Please leave us a message on Facebook in at least 14 words or less.
- Also, help us reach the world! Open Enrollment starts on November 1, 2021. Health coverage begins as early as January 1, 2022.