All Marketplace plans include essential health coverage, preventive care, and pre-existing diseases. You can enroll in or renew a plan for 2022 beginning November 1 to ensure that you have access to these benefits.
What are the most critical health advantages?
- Essential health benefits are a collection of ten categories of services that health insurance plans must cover, including doctor visits, inpatient and outpatient hospital treatment, prescription medicines, pregnancy and childbirth, mental health, and more.
- All Marketplace plans must provide birth control and breastfeeding coverage, as well as other essential benefits. More benefits may be available under specific plans. When you compare plans, you’ll see exactly what’s covered.
What exactly is preventive care?
- Most health insurance plans must cover a variety of preventative services, such as vaccines and screening tests, at no charge to you.
- Preventive services are used to help people avoid illnesses, diseases, and other health problems, as well as to detect illness early on when treatment is most likely to be beneficial.
- They are free only when these services are provided by a doctor or other provider in your plan’s network.
What happens if you have a pre-existing condition?
- All Marketplace plans must cover treatment for pre-existing medical problems such as asthma, diabetes, or cancer. Marketplace plans cannot deny coverage or hike premiums solely because of your health.
- Pregnancy is covered from the commencement of your plan.