If you are preparing to head back to your college, don’t forget to include one of the essential items on your college shopping list.
Benefits of Health Insurance for College Students
Getting health insurance may be more accessible and less costly than you think. And as an undergraduate, you have several opportunities:
- If you’re in college, you might be able to get a student health plan. According to health insurance law, you’re considered insured if your school’s student health plan covers you, and you will not need to pay the costs that people without coverage must typically pay.
- You may be able to remain on your parent’s health insurance plan until you reach the age of 26.
- If you are below 30, you can purchase Catastrophic medical care services to protect yourself from the worst circumstances.
- You can sign up for a 2022 Marketplace health plan beginning November 1, 2021. Most people are eligible for financial assistance to reduce their premium costs. All Marketplace plans must provide essential health benefits and may also include other benefits such as contraception. They will also help protect you from unexpected expenses if you got an accident or become ill.
- You may be eligible for Medicaid insurance, a state-federal program that offers coverage to people with low income. Check your eligibility for the Medicaid program through our website and get enrolled now!
School is stressful enough; why not give yourself some peace of mind by purchasing health insurance? Visit InsuranceShopping.com for more information.